Friday Facts

Do you know that the average saliva you have got in your mouth has a boiling point three times that of water?


What then is the boilling point of saliva ? Drop your answers as comments. Thanks…..

Advertisements

One thought on “Friday Facts

  1. Human saliva is composed of 98% water while the other 2% consists of other compounds such as electrolytes, mucus, antibacterial compounds, and various enzymes.
    A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. Saliva contains the enzyme amylase that breaks down starch into sugar. The daily salivary output ranges from 0.75 to 1.5 litres. It is generally considered that during sleep the amount of saliva drops to almost zero.
    There are many controversies regarding the boiling point of human saliva. It is assumed that the boiling point of saliva is nearly three times than that of pure water (boiling point of pure water is 100° C). But according to the mathematical calculations, it comes out to be
    100.16° C .
    The saliva helps detect cancer or other illness. Saliva testing using Elisa test kit helps you discover cancer cells and hormonal problems. It is also useful in drug testing and in other medical evaluations. It also helps heal the wound. Scientists have found that histatin , a small protein in saliva is responsible for the healing (previously only believed to kill bacteria).
    Note : Opiorphin is a newly researched pain-killing substance found in human saliva.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s